This blog contains fashion, food, and local flavor.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Color Jeans

Color Jeans


Rebel Yell cropped t shirt, $69
AG Adriano Goldschmied skinny jeans, $159
Iron Fist platform wedge booties, $80
Alexander mcqueen clutch, £845
Lucy Peacock stud earrings, $30






Anyone that knows me associates my style with my ever-present black skinny jeans. Stumbling into Anthropologie the other day, I had a revelation. Non-black jeans can be cool. I know, I know. This style has been around for a while and I'm a little late for this train. However, my background in fashion has always been made up of black on black on black, maybe some grey, then red lipstick on top. I've only recently branched out into the world of color and prints so bear with me.


I proceeded to buy green and red pairs for a stupid amount of money that I'd rather not repeat, and have never looked back. Now I can't STOP wearing them. I've never really been a fan of the my-mom's-vintage-jeans-are-so-awesome-and-we-were-the-same-size-at-age-20-so-now-I-see-my-future trend. However, my fashion dabblings are typically '80s and 90's style-based so I can kind of see where the appeal is. Kind of. With the addition of these jeans, I'm on a whole notha level.


So color to your hearts content! Especially since it's Fall and everyone starts getting into study/depressed mode- the easiest solution for your mood is to wear bright colors! It works, promise. If not, be like Amy Winehouse and go back to black.

1 comment: