This blog contains fashion, food, and local flavor.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My Take on the Fashions of London Fashion Week


London Fashion Week is a little hit or miss for me this season. I'm really digging the "warrior" dress look that I'm seeing on the runways, as I've always been a big fan of mixing hard and soft items in an outfit. However there also seems to be a trend akin to school marm dresses. Not really on board with that one. I love high-waisted long skirts as much as the next girl, I mean hello I DO shop at American Apparel, but some of the color combos and accessories are a little much for my style. It's a little like the designers are beating it into us that YES I AM A LIBRARIAN AND I OWN LOAFERS AND SCRATCHY SWEATERS AND CATS AND SOMETIMES EAT LEAN CUISINES AT HOME ALONE. There are easy ways to make this workable though. I'm taking their "ready-to-wear" and turning into something us wee normal folk might actually be seen in.

The other trend I'm seeing is the shapeless-dress. For those of us with shapeless-bodies we usually look for things to imitate something close and/or similar to a feminine figure. Therefore I can't really call myself a fan.

I'm also kind of into this Asian-inspired look I'm seeing too. It doesn't really seem like anything that's been done before- almost like a play on samurai clothing or something. I can dig it.

Until next time, urbanistas.



My Take on the Fashions of London Fashion Week


Striped cardigan
$76 - topshop.com

Soul Cal green shirt
£5.99 - republic.co.uk

Canvas tote bag
$38 - bloomingdales.com

Stainless steel earrings
$28 - babygirlboutique.com

No comments:

Post a Comment