This blog contains fashion, food, and local flavor.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Leotards

Leotards




My new favorite thing: leotards.

I'm a fan of tucking in shirts to shorts/skirts/whatever to get that flowy look up-top and a sleek look on bottom. However, this is extremely annoying to fix throughout the day. Every time you sit down or sit up, do a cartwheel, etc. you must fix the outfit directly afterwards.

The solution? Leotards! I wear them all the time now. I know it's no new concept but until recently I've been very hesitant to try them out. Mostly thinking about how much of a pain in the butt it would be to go to the bathroom, etc. I love not having to worry about how my top is moving with my skirt because... it doesn't move. Another problem taken care of- worrying if said top is longer than the shorts/skirt you're wearing. This drives me nuts. And you also look like you're picking a wedgie every time you want to check. Not cute. Also? If you ever need a quick '80s workout outfit, just throw on some spandex pants underneath and call yourself Jane Fonda!




See by Chloe long sleeve cardigan
$390 - net-a-porter.com

Stretch skirt
$150 - reissonline.com

American apparel
$25 - americanapparel.net

Steve Madden vintage boots
$99 - lordandtaylor.com

Betsey Johnson skull earrings
$35 - betseyjohnson.com

No comments:

Post a Comment